Data Scientist - Internship/Stage
Smog kills 7 million people every year, yet no one knows what they breathe. Plume Labs is a technology company helping active urban consumers avoid air pollution to improve their health and wellness.
Our mobile app, the Plume Air Report, provides real-time and forecast air quality levels around the world to help you beat the smog (73% of users report changing their daily routine). Our personal air quality tracker Flow senses pollutants to help you avoid them at home and on the go – and crowdsource highly valuable hyperlocal maps in the process. Flow was a CES Innovation Award Honoree last year, and got featured in TechCrunch, FastCompany, Bloomberg.org, etc. Our global atmospheric pollution API gives businesses and academic teams an access to our unique AI-powered air quality forecasts data platform.
Data is key at Plume Labs and we are looking for our next brilliant Data Science intern to work alongside our Lead Data Scientist on the many challenges ahead!
Your internship at Plume Lab
- Improve our air quality forecast models, aiming to provide an accurate forecast of the pollution level almost anywhere in the world, a few days ahead
o Dive deep into our air quality modeling framework, based on state of the art machine learning and atmospheric sciences. You'll learn about RNNs, transfer learning, dispersion models and much more!
o Design and implement new approaches. If they work better than the existing, you will implement them at scale in
- Contribute to the daily work of the Data Science team, and communicate effectively on your work.
It is a particularly exciting moment to join Plume Labs as we are a few weeks away from launching our first product on the market - bringing a lot of focus on the Data Science team for the months to come!
- You have a strong background in maths (probabilities, statistics, optimization,...) as well as a good understanding of the main machine learning approaches (regression models, svm, deep learning, time series prediction,...)
- You have worked on complex machine learning projects, and you have successfully applied state of the art prediction methods
to real-life problems
- You have experience using the main database technologies (MySQL, Hadoop,...)
- You are able to work autonomously in an agile development environment
- Ideally, you have a deep knowledge of the Python ecosystem for machine learning (Numpy, SciKit Learn, Keras, Tensorflow,...)
- Numerous exciting challenges that make Plume Labs so special
o Plume Labs is the leading air quality brand globally. We've been covered by reference media (TechCrunch, Wired, etc.) and featured on the app store on multiple occasions
o Particularly exciting times as we are about to launch our first product!
o We aim to simplify a highly scientific matter and strive to remain optimistic on a gloomy topic
- We will give you responsibilities and autonomy
- We provide compensation and cover for your metro pass
- We guarantee a challenging and energizing environment in the heart of Paris with colleagues from 8 different nationalities, and the fast pace of a 25+ person startup...on the cusp of taking over the world with your help!