The system engineer is responsible for the development of Plume Labs’ next generation Particulate Matter (PM) sensing technology along with the improvement and the manufacturing of the existing PM sensors. She/He ensures a high-quality user experience by improving the PM measurement relevancy (accuracy & range of PMs detected) and efficiency (dimensions, energy consumption, acoustic noise…) and by solving complex technical issues raised by product usage. She/He is accountable for the manufacturing process robustness. She/He contributes to the development of our new products by designing, prototyping and testing breakthrough PM sensing technologies.
Next Generation Technology Design
- Engineer an aerosol generator to calibrate and test PM sensors.
- Prototype, test and validate micro-opto-electro-mechanical systems
- Develop data processing and compression pipeline.
- Collaborate with mechanical and electrical engineers to define PM sensor specifications
- Prototype new embedded software features to improve measurement accuracy
- Provide embedded engineers with python executable specifications
- Deploy an experimentation platform for other engineers to analyse AB tests and other experiments
Monitoring, Alerting and Auto-remediation
- Automatize customer support problem diagnostic
- Implement predictive maintenance algorithm to detect problems as they arise
- Prototype embedded algorithms to solve customer issues remotely
- Monitor a fleet of thousands of connected devices
- Build a manufacturing data recovery platform
- Develop manufacturing test and calibration software to reject defectuous objects and improve reproducibility between devices.
- Travel abroad to improve manufacturing processes and set new assembly lines at the factory (1 week / 6 month)
- Manage relationships with external suppliers
- You have an Engineering degree (Masters or PhD), and a minimum of 1-2 years experience in an engineering position
- You have broad and cross-disciplinary knowledge, and are curious and able to navigate between hardware, software and manufacturing issues
- You have past experience with Data analysis and/or software development
- Bonus if you have experience in electronics, mechanical or optics
- You work well in teams and interface smoothly and efficiently with other functions (firmware, manufacturing,...) both internally and with external suppliers
- You are rigorous, structured, dynamic and autonomous
- You are proactive and set high expectations for your deliverables, aiming for continuous improvement
- A dynamic start-up environment: high energy, numerous projects, adequate means
- Located in the heart of Paris Sentier, with a ping-pong table and lots of snacks and coffee (and tea)
- A team of ambitious and talented people united behind a common objective